Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of SK!

Today was Darcy's first day of senior kindergarten (finally!). She could barely sleep last night for all of her excitement and was pretty wild this morning. As a result, we were pretty happy to see her get on the school bus today. Quite a switch from last year!

She looked super-cute in her outfit from Grandmaman and Papa and even got a compliment from her beloved teacher about it. That put her on cloud 9 for sure. She is still in the afternoon class but we are happy that she has the same teacher from last year and a lot of the same friends in her class. I'm not happy that we're being told that there's a kid in the class with severe allergies so we can't send snacks with peanuts, peanut products, sesame seeds or EGGS. Like packing snacks isn't hard enough, now we have to avoid eggs? That's going to be very difficult. They sent home a list of suggested snacks and most of them had eggs in them so I'm totally confused. They seem to be focused more on the peanut part of it, which we already had to do. I'm sticking with the list they sent and not getting too worried about the egg thing.

We had a bit of a crisis when Darcy got home from school. I noticed that her super cool name tag wasn't on her backpack. I was not impressed because it was brand new and if you follow the link, you'll see that they're not cheap. I searched through the bag to see if it was inside the bag somewhere and discovered another kids name written inside. Wrong backpack. When I told Darcy, she had a complete meltdown and was convinced that, and I quote, "This is the worst thing that's ever happened to me!" I ended up calling the school and speaking to the principal who assured us that everything could be switched back tomorrow (I knew this, but Darcy needed me to call so she could calm down. She gets a little stressed about things I don't know where she gets that from.) with her teacher's help. We're trying to encourage her to develop a friendship with the owner of the other matching bag so they can check every day to make sure they've each got the right bag. So once that crisis was over we were able to settle down and have an enjoyable evening. Hopefully day two goes better!

More pictures are available on flickr.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lynn said...

She looks so big! And very pretty.

Yeah, I don't know where Laura gets her stressing and worrying from either.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wrong backpack, wrong name tag ... it's all the same thing, isn't it? Heh. I feel for Darcy.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home