Thursday, September 10, 2009

Odds and Ends

We've been trying to enjoy the last few weeks of summer and as a result I haven't posted here lately. Here are some high (and low) lights of the past few weeks:

- Wesley got stung by a bee, right on his nose
- we went to the Detroit Zoo twice last week, making the most of our membership
- Nick and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary
- Darcy went to her first "supper party" alone
- I have read several great books this summer (but that might be another post of it's own someday)
- Darcy is still anxiously awaiting the start of Kindergarten (Monday the 14th)
- Wesley can shriek loud enough to pierce your eardrums
- I have learned that both mushrooms and processed cheese slices will stick if they are thrown against a wall by a two-year old
- I actually bought a bathing suit that I like
- our garden was hit and miss this summer. The green beans were a big hit, the zucchini was a disaster (we just didn't have the room for it to grow properly) and the jury is still out on the carrots (the zucchini may not have allowed them to get the sun they needed). Darcy is already making plans for next year's garden.
- we just bought tickets to see The Wiggles in October

That's about it for our house right now! Maybe I'll be doing more regular updates again once Darcy is in school and I've got a few minutes to myself each day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good to hear the updates. And look forward to the book reviews. But ... I'm sorry, I need pictures of D&W!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the pictures! Made me sooo happy.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Lynn said...

I thought you were Anti-Wiggles. Did you convert?!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

They're growing on me. We're going with some friends though so I think it will be a really fun night for the kids.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home