Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Homeowners Again

We officially are no longer homeless. We got the keys to our new house this afternoon. What a great feeling that was.

Our "stuff" won't be delivered until Monday so we're still living at the dorm right now. Our plan for tonight was to get the carpets ripped out because the installation of the new carpet starts tomorrow morning. I couldn't wait to get it out of there for several reasons. The first is that it was a hideous green colour. Also, it was horribly stained in a lot of places. The final reason is that the previous owners had a cat and I am terribly allergic to cats. Getting rid of the carpets will help me breathe easier once we're living in the house.

So Nick and his friend spent this evening ripping out the horrible green carpet. I was very happy to see the end of that!

In true Wesley fashion, the house has already been christened. We had been there for a couple of hours when I figured it was time to change Wesley's diaper. I laid him down on the beautiful laminate floor of the living room and took off the old diaper. You can see where this is going, can't you? Of course I then realized that I hadn't taken a diaper out of the diaper bag and I had to dig for one. When I finally pulled one out, I turned to the diaper-less Wesley and saw the fountain hitting the floor. I asked Darcy to get me some paper towels but she was laughing so hard she had trouble doing that. Then of course she had to get Nick and tell him too. What a perfect start to our life in our new house!

The plan for the next few days mostly revolves around getting the carpets replaced. On Friday we are also expecting the delivery of our new washer and dryer. I am hoping to get the kitchen appliances ordered soon too. The dishwasher isn't bad but the fridge and stove are pretty junky. I'm hoping to sell the dishwasher and the dryer because they're in the best shape. I don't think the stove is worth selling, maybe I will donate it somewhere. I might keep the fridge in the garage. We'll see how that goes.

So that's where we are right now. I'll try to keep you posted as I can!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got to love littel boys.looking forward to seeing your new home.

Jim McLaren

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Lynn said...

Congratulations! Kind of stinks that you can't really live in it yet though.

At least the end of dorm life is in sight, like you said.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Gigi T. said...

Your Wesley story sounds of déjà vu!!
I can almost hear Darcy laughing...

Maybe if you leave the boy without a diaper he'll get the idea to use the potty.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Glenda said...

When I read about all your experiences moving into a new house, I get almost as excited as you - ALMOST. Sounds sooooo interesting, especially getting new stuff to go in it. As for the fridge, when Dayna and Stelios rented a house in St. John's there was a fridge and stove already in the house, so they used their own and put the fridge from the house in the laundry room to use it for extra fridge space (I can't remember what they did with the stove). So if the old fridge is fine, you should use it for keeping extra stuff - like cookies at Christmas.....ha! See Sue, I'm so used to giving Dayna advice(which she doesn't always heed) that now I'm starting on you. hehehe! Enjoy your move!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Some people christen their houses by burning incense and waving it in the corners, you get your son to pee on the floors. Tomato tomahto :D

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home