Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Wiggles

I am going to attempt a one-handed post here. I've already made 6 typing errors so it could take a while and still be short. Please forgive any typos you see!

The kids had so much fun at the Wiggles concert the other night that I had to write about it. We've never been huge Wiggles fans at our house but when we heard they were coming to Windsor (and that tickets started at $10) we thought it sounded interesting. Of course then $10 tickets ended up being a lot more with about $6 in "convenience" fees added to each ticket but it was still worth it.

We got them to watch the Wiggles a lot more in the weeks leading up to the concert to make the show more enjoyable for them. We thought that the kids would enjoy the show but that we'd be ready to lose our minds by the end of the show. We couldn't have been more wrong. It was just a fantastic show all around. I had no idea about the gymnasts and acrobats that toured with them. The stage show was amazing! The songs are also quite catchy and Nick and I haven't been able to stop singing them since Wednesday either.

However, the best part of the show was the audience interaction. We had heard that kids who go to the shows bring roses for Dorothy the Dinosaur and bones for Wags the Dog. The morning of the show Darcy decided she wanted to draw a rose for Dorothy and we worked together on a bone for Wesley to give to Wags. I didn't want her to be disappointed at the show so I kept reminding her that our seats were in the very back row and that we wouldn't get close enough to give them actually to Dorothy and Wags. I thought that we'd just leave them behind in our seats and tell them that someone would pick them up for Dorothy and Wags.

We couldn't have been more surprised when Murray Wiggle himself walked up into our section, right to the very top row and asked Darcy and Alisa if they wanted him to take their roses to Dorothy for them. Of course they did. Then he saw Wesley holding his bone and asked him if he wanted that taken too. It was very cool. They also spent time during the show talking to kids with birthdays and reading all the signs kids had made. They really made the kids feel special.

If you've spent any time with Wesley at all you know he doesn't like sitting still. In fact he's climbing on top of me as I type this. Well, he barely moved through the whole show and I don't know if he blinked at all! He was mesmerized.

All in all, we loved the show and we'd go again. A highly recommended night out for the family.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lynn said...

I've never seen a live show but it took me a while before I liked the tv show. The songs do get in yur head!

Darcy met Uncle Steve's favourite Wiggle!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Lynn said...

Didn't mean to spell like a hack! I just hit enter instead of preview, then felt like a dope.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Ok you had the REAl Wiggles doing the show?!?!?! I'm in shock!!! When I took DJ to see the Doodlebops in March I was VERY disappointed it wasn't the ones we'd been watching on tv...altho DJ could care less!

Glad you all had fun! I'll have to see what their schedule is here...DJ would LOVE to go to see them!

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home