Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Desperation

I don't know if anyone can help me or not, but I am completely desperate this morning!

I've been doing a course since May and it's due to wrap up this Friday. I've got two journal-type things that I've been working on throughout the course that need to be emailed by Friday. I've been working on them since May but have ended up with some documents saved at home and some at work. Yesterday I emailed the files from work and stayed up until nearly midnight putting everything together, editing and doing some of the final entries I hadn't done yet. We're talking 3 hours of hard work.

What I didn't realize is that when you email Word files from another computer they don't save in your "My Documents" file, they get saved in some obscure hidden file. I saved the work constantly last night, but now I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know if these documents still exist and if they do, how on earth can I find them?

3 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

They have to still exist!

Check your Temporary Internet Files - I just did a test here at work and that's the folder my document was saved to. Also, the name of the file should be the same - you could try doing a serch from your Start up menu on the file name. Good luck! :)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you're really desperate, call The Muddler (or as Darcy knows him, The Claw).

5:24 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Thanks for the help. The files weren't there.

I thought of calling the Muddler, or a friend of ours here who works in IT, but by the time they got home from work, I could have had the stuff re-typed.

So, that's what I did. It wasn't as good the second time around but at least it's done.

I could kick myself over such a studpid mistake!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home