Friday, February 29, 2008

Not Much to Say

It appears I haven't had too much to say this week. It's been a pretty busy week with Nick on midnights so I haven't spent a lot of time at the computer. I also went to the visitation and funeral for Andrea on Wednesday and Thursday. Those were each as devastating as I expected them to be. The boys weren't at the visitation on Wednesday but were at the service yesterday. They were fascinated with the flowers (and there were a lot of them!) and at one point during the service one of the boys took a rose out of one of the arrangements and brought it over to his daddy. It was so sad and yet so sweet.

Today the snow is steadily falling outside. I'm about ready to be done with winter as I'm sure many of you are as well. I've got to live up to a promise I made to Darcy and I'm not looking forward to it. She has still been wearing (and wetting) a diaper at night time. I'm getting tired of putting diapers on such a big kid so we're trying to wean her off this. She had two dry nights in a row and so I promised her that if she went the whole week dry we would go out for lunch at McDonald's. I hate McDonald's. It's right at the end of our street and she knows it's a really special treat to go there. Well, she was dry all week so today I've got to keep up my end of the bargain and go to McDonald's. At least it doesn't have a playplace so we won't be there all day.

Wesley has been sleeping very well at night but has been waking up at 5:30 am and not really going back to sleep. You just can't win.

Nick was originally scheduled for two weeks of midnights starting next week. Late last week he was told this week's shift of afternoons was being switched to midnights giving him three straight weeks. Absolutely awful! Then last night a co-worker approached him about a switch for the last week so he's now switched that week for days. Very nice! He's also off for the weekend, so that's great too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 12:10pm as I'm writing this, and the snow hasn't arrived here yet, but we're in for 5-10cm again. I'm tired of it too!

You have my sympathy on the big kid diaper thing. Laura's finally dry at night, but we still wake her up before we go to bed and when Steve gets up for work, and we take her to the washroom. Now for the boy.....He's just starting the whole potty training!! I like McDonald's though--but it's a rare treat in our house as well.

I can't even imagine what the visitation and funeral for Andrea were like.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like last time Darcy went to McDonald's was with me. The day Wesley was born. Did see find the Playground there this time ??



Brian

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home