Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rough

Last night was pretty brutal. I started Wesley's bedtime routine around 9:00 and that went great. However, he was up again at midnight, 3:30 and 6:30 for about 2+ hours over the combined waking times. Again I feel pretty zombie-like today.

These things are to be expected when we're monkeying with his schedule the way we are but it doesn't make it much easier to take when it happens. His nap yesterday morning lasted for 2 1/2 hours and then he didn't nap again all day. He's napping now, he fell asleep in the car seat on the way home from Darcy's swimming lesson. I know it's bad form, but I'm just leaving him in the car seat. He's sleeping so soundly and I don't want to spoil his sleep by waking him. Is that bad? I've heard that when that happens you should just put the whole car seat in his bed so he's still waking up in bed. Has anyone tried that?

Of course today (with little sleep on my part) is the day I've been dreading for about the last 3 1/2 years. It's kindergarten registration day. Darcy is so excited. She knows she has to wait until after supper but it's all she's talking about. "Can I do this at school?", "Can I do that at school?" She wants to do it all tonight and we're just going for a visit and to sign her up. She's so excited that I can't help but get caught up in her excitement too, but I still can't believe my baby girl is almost ready for school.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about letting him sleep in his seat. I remember doing that with Emily. She was a horrible sleeper. Some nights I would put her in her car seat just so she would sleep. We did put it in her crib so she still woke up in bed.
Good luck tonight!!!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We let our kids sleep just in the car seat. I think for her first few months Laura would nap in the car seat and me on the couch.

Ours would also fall asleep in the baby swing, and we'd leave them (we were in the living room watching the swing). We'd take sleep wherever they'd go.

I'm already dreading Lucas' kindergarten registration, and it's a whole year away!

4:06 PM  
Blogger glennlavender said...

Next time you're up in the middle of the night feeling like crap wishing you could just go back to sleep, think of how great your next post will be and how all of your loyal readers are waiting to hear what happens next. We're here ready to laugh and cry at your misfortune. You help us to realize that just because we didn't get 8 hours of sleep that 7 and a half is still pretty good!

Have Fun!!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home