Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm So Not Ready for This

Nearly every day Darcy finds some reason to talk about when she goes to "big school". This morning she was wondering if we had a painting smock for her to take with her to school or if they would give her one there. We told her we'd make sure she had a smock one way or the other.

I actually called the school this morning to get more information about registration. I can make an appointment for any time after February 18th to go into the school to get her registered, or we can take her to an open house on February 12th and get her registered then. We'll probably go to the open house, but that will mean she'll have to miss ballet.

She's really ready for school I just don't know if I'm ready for it! She still seems so small to me. How can that little girl handle being in school? For her part, she wants to learn how to read, she wants to paint, she wants to make new friends, she's ready for all of it. We've also been preparing her for the fact that she will be in a French immersion program so she's excited about learning French too. Of course, she can already say "bonjour" so she's not quite sure why she needs to learn any more French! I read a magazine article about French immersion saying that there are some waiting lists at immersion schools. I asked her school about it and was told that's not an issue here. If we sign her up, she'll be all set to go.

September is coming whether I like it or not. I guess I just need to spend the next few months getting myself ready.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue-Ann said...

It's hard....I'm not sending Kai this year....he won't be four until the end of Dec and I look at the struggles we had with CJ so I'm not sending him until SK. However, we are thinking about French Immersion for CJ too....really undecided about the whole thing....you got any thoughts/pointers? We're going to an open house on it in February to find out more info.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will admit, it is really hard to send them. I missed Emily so much when she first started. I think it was even worse with Noah because I knew he was my last. I can tell you that it gets easier. I am still a little sad every September but not like it was at first. (there are days when I can't wait for tehm to go to school!!! :))

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't really have any advice to help you out either.

At least she'll be four already. Laura was still 3 for the first few weeks of school (thanks to gradual entry, it didn't end up being a lot). Then when Lucas goes, he'll go all day! But he'll be four.

Hopefully you'll get to see the classroom and meet the teacher at some point before school starts. I found that helpful for all of us.

At least Darcy is so excited and willing to go. Laura was too, and I found that helped. I wouldn't have made it if she was one of the clingy crying ones.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home