Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Darcy the Ballerina

The first ballet class last night was a riot. I'll be honest though. It's definitely as much fun (if not more) for the parents as it is for the kids right now. Jerilee and I had a blast last night watching the girls in their class and parents were jockeying for positions in front of the two-way mirror so we could see them. Nick came along last night but said on the way home that it will be his last time unless I can't go.

It was very sweet. More pictures are on our Flickr site.
And to close off today, a couple of new Darcyisms for you:

The other night Darcy had finished colouring and Nick told her to put her markers away. Without missing a beat she said, "Never mind about that." I lost it. I just couldn't stop laughing. After Nick got her to put her markers away he told her to tell me to be good, which she did. At supper I started laughing about something again and she said, "I thought I told you to be good!" Pardon me.

Then last night while she and I were alone at the table the radio station was playing "Rock Me, Amadeus". I was enjoying the nice little blast from the past ("Amadeus, Amadeus, oh oh oh Amadeus") when Darcy said, "They're singing about hot potatoes."

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like we'll have a good laugh next weekend! Hope I don't get in trouble with Darcy ;)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

When I was laughing about the "Never mind about that" Nick did say it was good Auntie Stef wasn't around.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home