Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year Milestone

Wesley is getting the new year started on the right foot. He chose today as the day to roll over for the first time. It is expected that babies will roll from their stomachs to their backs first which is one of the reasons we are encouraged to give them tummy time every day.

Well this afternoon he was lying on his back and was very nearly rolling onto his tummy. I figured I'd turn him over onto his belly to see what happened and, sure enough, he turned himself right back over onto his back. I loved the surprised look on his face when he was suddenly looking at the ceiling!

When Darcy was a baby I had all the developmental milestone charts memorized. I knew what she was supposed to be doing at different ages. I've barely looked at them this time around. I checked it out today and he's supposed to roll over sometime before the end of the fourth month so he's right on schedule.

This is the beginning of independent movement.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Wesley!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home