Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend

We've got some new pictures up on our Flickr site. Enjoy!

We had a pretty fun weekend. There was a Christmas party at the church that we took the kids to and they loved it. We were a little surprised when Santa appeared and Darcy started to cry. We thought she'd love it. I think her guilty conscience is still bothering her! After he called her name to give her a present she warmed up to him pretty quickly.

We were set to go to church yesterday but it got cancelled with all the snow as did the community caroling our band was supposed to be playing at in the afternoon. So we had a snow day at home. Darcy and I took the opportunity to make gingerbread boys and girls. It was Darcy's job to decorate the cookies with mini M & M's before I baked the cookies. I used the wrong cookie cutters, using the smaller ones instead of the big ones. This meant that the mini M & M's she used as eyes took up the whole heads, giving the cookies a really alien-like look. They're pretty funny. They taste good.

I've now got ginger snaps, shortbread-Smartie balls and gingerbread men in the freezer. I hope to get chocolate chip cookies made today. I'm not sure what else I'm going to make.

Our Christmas plans could be changing at the last minute, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. A woman offered to switch shifts with Nick which would give him Christmas off, allowing us to go to Cambridge for Christmas instead of staying home by ourselves. It all has to be confirmed today by a supervisor and there are a couple of things that could prevent it from happening. Like I said, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Nick will call when he wakes up to find out what the verdict is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home