Monday, November 19, 2007

Anybody Want a Peanut?

Darcy is struggling with the concept of rhyming. The other week at the Ontario Early Years Centre we read a rhyming book and the teacher was trying to get the kids to figure out rhyming words. Darcy didn't quite get it.

The other week when we were driving to her gymnastics class she said, "Lips and books. See how that sounds the same?" I told her I didn't. We finally agreed on lips and chips. We've kept trying off and on for the last couple of weeks, but no big deal. She'll get it at some point.

Tonight after supper we were reading books on the couch. Last summer my Mom and Dad gave her a boxed set of 18 Dora the Explorer Board books. We read all of them tonight. One of them is called "Dora's Friends" and on each page it shows a picture of one of Dora's friends. As we got to the page with her monkey friend, Boots, Darcy did an enormous fart. After she said, "Excuse me" she said, "Boots and toots. See how that sounds the same?"

She can rhyme!

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Nice...I love it. She is too cute!!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That should come with a viewer discretion advisory. I nearly spat coffee all over my keyboard. Very funny.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home