Monday, October 22, 2007

Doctor Update

I took Wesley for his doctor's appointment this morning. All is good. He weighed 4.8 kg, which is roughly 10.5 lbs! He should be double his birth weight long before he's 3 months old. According to the charts, he should double his birth weight by six months, so he's a bit ahead of schedule there. Of course he didn't have quite as much to gain as a baby who started out at 8 lbs!

Of course the worst part of the appointment was the shots. Darcy only got one shot at two months but things have changed now and Wesley got two. One in each leg. He was screaming and shaking so badly after the first one, I don't know how the doctor managed to get the second one in. Oh well, at least that's over for a couple of months!

The thrush is still gone, so hopefully that's a thing of the past. It can come back, but I'm really hoping it won't.

All in all, our boy is doing great.

We're having more beautiful weather today, so we're celebrating by washing our windows. I can't get the smell of vinegar off my hands now. I love looking out clean windows!

To close, here's my favourite Darcy conversation from the weekend:

D: How come our pumpkin doesn't have a Jack-face on it yet?
Me: Because we haven't carved one on it yet.
D: Because it isn't Christmas yet?
Me: Because it isn't Halloween yet.
D: Halloween, yeah. For Christmas we're going to make a ginger ale house.
Me: Gingerbread honey.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good growing Wesley!

I think the needle reaction is common for those poor little guys. Almost any time I'm at the doctor, there's a baby screaming, I assume from a needle.

Another great Darcy conversation!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great news about Wesley growing so well. Bad news about the nasty shots - poor little chicken.

That's a great story about Darcy - made me start the day with a smile!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home