Wednesday, October 10, 2007

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Here we are in Montreal after a great Thanksgiving weekend in Cambridge. We celebrated my niece Laura`s 5th birthday, had a wonderful Haskell family dinner on Sunday and spent some time at Chudleigh`s farm (note to the wise, don`t do this on a 30 degree Thanksgiving day. It was far too hot and crowded, but still fun).

On Tuesday morning it was up bright and early for the drive to Montreal. We hit some traffic getting into Toronto, but the rest of the way was smooth sailing. There was a bit of rain while Nick was driving, but as soon as I started driving, it started to pour!

The kids did amazing on the drive. Darcy watched DVD`s the whole way and Wesley slept. He didn`t cry until we were in Montreal. What a little trooper. We were so pleased with how the drive went.

There was delicious spaghetti waiting for us when we got here. We loved it, but it clearly didn`t work when it passed through my milk into Wesley`s stomach. At 1:00 am he was still screaming and was incredibly "gassy". Nick and I didn`t get too much sleep last night. Hopefully tonight will be better.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the trip went so well.

I wouldn't want to make the trip at my age, never mind 3yrs old or 7 weeks old!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oops ... sorry about the gassy dinner! Who would've thought?

Hopefully tonight's pumpkin muffins won't have the same effect.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Too bad if they do. I`ve never been known to turn down a pumpkin muffin!

9:56 AM  
Blogger kathryn said...

oh my i remember those days. . if i ate my mother in law's spicy curry. . boy would i pay for it with a screaming baby!!!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home