Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Darcy's New Game

When Wesley was born we bought Darcy a new doll and gave it to her in the hospital. She loved it right away and developed a new game.

She became the dolly's mommy which made me - you guessed it - the grandma. She pretends she's going off to work and that she's bringing the baby to Grandma's house to be babysat. She walks up to me, rings the "doorbell" and waits for me to answer the "door" and invite her in before she comes in. This morning I forgot to say, "Won't you come in?" and she waited and finally said, "Can I come in, please?"

The she gives me a kiss and goes off to work for the day. While she's across the room at work she'll even pretend she's calling me to see how Taylor-Jae (what she wanted to name Wesley, it's taken from the Robert Munsch book "I'm So Embarassed") is making out while she's at work. "Is she crying? Does she miss me?"

Then she comes back to pick up the baby (although she needs help getting her in the car seat) and gives her big hugs and says things like, "Mommy's got you. Mommy's here now." It cracks me up.

What a little nut.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

She's a funny one, that is for sure!

8:27 AM  
Blogger kathryn said...

oh my gosh, she's precocious!!! adorably so!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home