Thursday, August 30, 2007

Growing Boy

I had a visit from a public health nurse this afternoon. They offer to come by a week or so after you bring your baby home to see how you're handling things at home. I was pretty sure we were managing things fine, but they also weigh the baby which I was interested in. His first doctor's appointment isn't until next week so I was curious to know if he was gaining weight and getting enough to eat.

Wesley is 9 days old today. The nurse said they like to have the baby back at their birth weight by 10 days old. I was nervous about that, because he was still several ounces short of his birth weight last Saturday when he was weighed.

Today he weighed 6 lbs, 1 oz! That's 3 ounces more than his birth weight! I'm very excited about that.

On a different note, Nick and I decided to be brave and to head out for dinner last night to celebrate our anniversary. We took Wesley with us, so we chose Applebee's, a pretty family-friendly place where you still get a great meal. He slept all through dinner and we had a really nice couple of hours 0ut. Wesley was a big hit with everyone sitting around us.

And now I have to go and change a diaper.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on the weight Wesley!

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

You need to get Auntie Stef to change the diapers...

1:21 AM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

I want her stay another week!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home