Saturday, August 25, 2007

Free At Last

So here I am, sitting in my house on a Saturday night. My son is having a nap and my daughter is having a bath. Life is good.

I'm sure you're all aware that Wesley was born last Tuesday at 8:21 pm, weighing 5 lbs, 14 oz, much higher than we expected. I was told my labour would be induced starting at 7:00 am, but it didn't get started until 11:00. All in all it was a pretty smooth labour and delivery, if such a thing can be said.

I've been feeling pretty rough since then, which makes sense, I guess. I'm using my legs for the first time in 6 weeks and I'm pretty tired. Top that off with the fact that Wesley's not letting us get much sleep and I'm pretty wiped out all the time.

I was really nauseous the whole time I was in the hospital after the birth. My doctor asked me if I wanted to stay in another day, but the answer was an emphatic "NO!" which she understood. So we left Thursday around lunch time.

I'm nursing Wesley which keeps us up a lot at night. He still isn't going very long between feedings. Hopefully that will change over the next couple of days. We've been going to bed around 9:30 to help prepare for the long nights.

We had to take him back to the hospital today for the 2-day check-up they recommend for breastfed babies. Everything looked good. He had lost some weight in the hospital which is normal but he's been starting to put some back on now that he's home so they were pleased. Now that that appointment is over, I should have no need to go back to that hospital for a very long time.

Thanks once again to everyone for all your support and encouragement over the 6 weeks I spend in the hospital. Now my blog will stop being my complaints about that and back to the Darcy (and now Wesley) stories that are so much more enjoyable!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to have you back!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Great to have you back, Sue! Enjoy your visit from Stef - say hi to her for me!

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue...I am so glad that everyone is doing well. We are so happy for you guys!!!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home