Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tomorrow is Another Day

So I was back at the hospital this morning for more monitoring. My first step is to go down to ultra sound for a check there, then upstairs to be hooked up to a fetal monitor for a while.

In the ultra sound this morning the tech asked why I was there so I explained about the placenta previa. As the exam went on she asked a few questions about the previa. Finally she said, "When did you last present as a previa?" So I told her it had just been on Tuesday. She told me she didn't see any signs of it. She did the test from a few different angles and even took the results to the doctor who confirmed what she saw.

I went upstairs for the monitoring and the nurses had received the ultra sound results. They were all stunned. They were sure it wouldn't move at this point, and certainly not over two days. They're optimistic, but after speaking with my OB, they want me to keep going back. With two such different tests done in such a short time span they want some confirmation before they say it's all good.

I'm also trying not to get my hopes up, but it is pretty weird. One nurse called me the miracle momma. Who knows?

Also while I was at the hospital, I got two compliments from nurses about how nice I look as a pregnant woman. I tell you, you can never hear that enough! One woman works in the maternity department and she said she hates seeing women who just wear pyjamas or sweats for 9 months. Amen sister!

So, I go back again on Monday and we'll see what they've got to say then. I have no idea what to expect now. If you're praying, keep praying!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's amazing if it has cleared up that quickly. Especially if that's the bigger concern, rather then the size of the baby.

Hope it all continues to go well.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

unbelievable!!
btw..still praying!!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will start chanting ...

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home