Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Odds & Ends

I haven't had much to write about lately, so here are just a few small things...

My waist measurement grew 1 1/2" in the last week. Yikes!

Nick chose Red Lobster for his Father's Day dinner on Sunday. While we were there, Darcy was colouring on her placemat. She took two brown crayons in her hand like chopsticks and was using them to pick up the green crayon and said, "Look, I'm eating sushi!". I asked her where she learned about sushi and she looked at me like I'd grown a second head and said, "Auntie Stef!" as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I've never been a fan of bathroom humour, but I'm learning that I need to get over that. Apparently to a 3-year, bodily functions are the funniest things in the world. Especially stinky ones. Not cool for a nauseous mommy.

As we were driving to the babysitter's this morning I pointed out a runner along the path beside us. Watching for runners is one of Darcy's favourite passtimes in the car. I said, "Look Darcy, there's a running girl." She said, "That's a running LADY." I didn't realize she was making that distinction now, so I said, "Is mommy a girl or a lady?" "You're just mommy!"

Fair enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Holy crap! Is that ever funny! Boy, when I come to visit maybe I'll have more luck convincing Darcy to actually try the sushi.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Love the sushi story!

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home