Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sad Day

I've mentioned here that before that I'm a mentor through the Big Brothers/Big Sisters association. I've been paired with the same girl since October, 2001 when she was eight and she is now about to graduate from grade 8. That means the end of the road for our mentoring partnership.

I'm on my way out the door to our last visit together. I'm really going to miss her.

B's mom was murdered when she was just a baby. It's a terrible story. She's been raised by her dad and her grandma. When I first met her, she was a real tomboy but now she's like any other 14-year old girl you meet. She's really interested in clothes and make-up, especially where her grade 8 graduation is concerned. It's a pretty big deal.

I'll miss you, B!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Really? That's the end now? That is sad. I would've thought you'd be her mentor until she turned 18.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Yeah, because it's done in the school it ends before they start high school. She's come to the end of the line!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

I bet she'll miss you too and the positive caring roll you've played in her life. I hope you did something special for you last day!

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home