Monday, June 11, 2007

Back at It

Well, here I am back in Windsor after a great and relaxing vacation. I don't know how I'm going to function without an afternoon nap for the next couple of weeks.

I've only got three weeks left of work before I go on maternity leave, and as the morning progresses I'm beginning to see that it's going to be an incredibly busy few weeks. Lots of stuff to get done before I clear out of here.

We really enjoyed our time in Montreal, although I am glad (and so is my aching back) that those long drives are behind us. I'm also really glad that we rented a car for the drive, because I think I would have lost my mind being stuck in our Neon for that long.

Darcy's birthday celebration has stretched out over four days. She got a few more presents yesterday and Saturday. I think it should be all overwith now.

Apparently she was confused with the way we presented her with her new doll house in Montreal. Nick brought it downstairs from its hiding spot in the laundry room at the same time Uncle Eric was coming downstairs. For the first few days she talked about the doll house she got from Daddy and Uncle Eric. Hey kid, it was my idea! The cool craft books were from Uncle Eric.

One funny Darcy-ism before I close for today. On Friday night we were taking a walk along the Detroit River (one of our favourite things to do in the evening). I think Darcy managed to get in the background of a few prom pictures that were being taken in the park at the same time as we were playing there. Anyway, as we were getting ready to walk home Darcy said, "I need to stop and think." Nick said, "OK, what do you need to think about?" "Ummm, I think I need a shoulder ride." I'm glad you thought long and hard about that!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you made it home safely. One of my favourite moments was last Monday night when I called my parents to see what you guys were doing and Darcy asked to speak to me, she said "Auntie Stef, are you coming over to play?"

1:43 PM  
Blogger Sherri Lavender said...

Excuse me? THREE weeks and your maternity leave starts??!?! Where has the time gone? I suppose it has seemed like a long time for you...

Remind me, when is your due date?!

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home