Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Memory

We knew yesterday was going to be warm so when Nick got Darcy dressed yesterday he got out a t-shirt from last summer.

As soon as Darcy saw it she said, "I wore that shirt to the park with Grandmaman and Papa when we played in the water. I got really wet and they took my clothes off. Then they wrapped me in a towel."

This event happened nearly one year ago! We went to Montreal in July last summer just after Darcy had turned two. There is a park near Grandmaman and Papa's house which has a little splash pad for kids to play in. Darcy loves it. I just didn't expect her to be able to recall so many details about an event that happened such a long time ago, right down to the shirt she had worn. She even rememebered that the towel she had been wrapped in was green! Nick asked her who carried her home from the park and she said she went in the stroller. Also true. Amazing.




3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's amazing! I'm guessing we won't be able to do that when you come in June though ... we're expecting flurries tonight!

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good memory, for such a young age!

Laura will remember details from an event like that, but won't remember that I asked her 2 minutes ago to brush her hair, or other every day tasks.

Do you find that with Darcy too?

12:21 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

cute pics! and yeah, great memory!!! My little granddaughter also has a very good memory. Hope you're feeling good these days, Sue?

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home