Monday, May 14, 2007

Mommy Day

We had a great Mommy Day at our house yesterday. It started off with breakfast in bed, which was quickly followed by the following questions,

"Mommy, can I have a bite of your apple?"
"Mommy, can I have a bite of your toast?"

You get the picture. Nick took her downstairs for her own breakfast so I could at least have some leftover for myself. I also got a beautiful potted daisy plant. It was in the kitchen on Saturday but I was told I didn't see it.

Then we went to church, which I had to lead, so it was pretty stressful, but everything went really well so I was pleased. Home for a quick lunch and then some good naps for the girls. We went out for supper to Kelsey's. Darcy was starting to get cranky by this time. I don't think she was used to having someone else be the centre of attention for that long. She did ask when Darcy's Day was going to be. She and Nick went to bed at 8:00 (Nick's on midnights right now), so I had a couple of hours to relax on my own. Had a good chat on the phone with Lynette and then watched A Mighty Wind on TV. I love how that movie can still make me laugh out loud even after countless viewings. Note to self: must check for For Your Consideration at the library.

All in all a great day. Today we've got concrete guys starting on our new driveway. I'm pretty excited about that. Our focus this spring is on the front of the house. The new steps are done, now the driveway. It should look great when it's all done.

Happy Mother's Day to all the other Mommies out there.

_____________________________________________
I forgot to mention that I was also given a gift certificate to the Shoe Company to get myself some much-needed new sandals. Thanks Nick & Darcy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darcy, Laura & Lucas must have been making Mother's Day plans last weekend. I also received daisies! Mine haven't bloomed yet though. The intention is to plant them outside, so hopefully we'll have beautiful daisies all summer!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

Funny we never heard them plotting that.

I forgot to ask you on the phone what you got. I also want to plant my daisies outside. The driveway is being done this week, so I'll wait until that is done. I'd hate for them to get damaged while the work is being done.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

New stairs, new driveway ... what's next? Oh, I guess that would be new Baby!

1:46 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

sounds like a fabulous day!!! For Your Consideration is excellent!!!! We've seen all those movies -- love them!!!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home