Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Hospital Visit

So, after the holiday weekend, today is officially my first day of "freedom". I got to spend it by waking up just as early as ever to go to the hospital for tests.

Although I haven't been getting very big with this pregnancy my doctor always said that the baby was growing on schedule. That changed last week. She said there wasn't enough growth in the baby between my last two appointments. I was to go to the hospital this morning to make sure everything is OK.

Well, the baby is definitely measuring small. Darcy was small, my sister's kids were small, I was the biggest of my Mom's babies at 7 lbs, 6 oz. We're small people. However, I need to go back to the hospital twice a week now for monitoring. I also found out that the placenta previa has not yet corrected itself and is not likely to at this point. That means I am almost definitely looking at a c-section. They're also concerned about the baby coming early, so I had to have a steroid injection this morning and a follow up shot tomorrow to help speed up lung development.

So all in all it wasn't a very encouraging morning. I'm still going to do all I can to try to pack on the pounds. We're stepping up changing Darcy's room and setting up the baby's room. Who knows what's going to happen from here, but I certainly don't think I'll be having a baby in September. More likely August, and hopefully not July.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it wasn't the most encouraging appointment.

Going for monitoring will be a hassle, but hopefully it will result in a healthy, (but small) baby.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Sue-Ann said...

Thinking of you during the next couple of months....in our thoughts and prayers!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Wow Sue, what a nerve-wracking time for you this must be! Just take it easy as much as you can and EAT,EAT,EAT!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue...I can totally relate. Emily was only 5lbs 15 oz and Noah was 6 lbs 8oz. We just make small babies. I will be praying that all goes well with the pregnancy and you can keep it in there as long as possible. Enjoy your time with Darcy and relax!!!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What can I do? Send you some chocolate chip cookies???

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home