Friday, June 29, 2007

10 Years!

Things are feeling kind of surreal for me today. After 10 years of working with the children and teenagers at my church, I'm leaving to be a stay-at-home mom for a while. This is something I never thought I'd do. Yet when I had Darcy, returning to work was the most difficult thing I've ever done.

I've really loved my job (most of the time) and the challenges it has presented me. However, I really believe I've run my course here and it's time to move on. Instead of constantly being focused on other peoples' kids, it is time to focus solely on my own. I can't wait.

I've been kind of on the brink of tears over the past few days. The oddest things set me off. I know I'm making the right choice, but it is still hard to leave 10 years behind you.

Now I've got to finish clearing up 10 years of stuff out of my office.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sue,

Wow, that's a pretty huge change!!! You were a great youth pastor, I've heard lots of people say that!

I know your new officers from when my parents were stationed in St. John's, and I was also talking to Steve this past weekend when I was visiting my parents! They're really great people, and they have two super cute kids! And they are both pretty excited about moving to Windsor! They acknowledge that it's going to be a huge change, but they are excited! I don't know her, only that her name is Erica, but Steve is really great! I think they'll be good for the corps!!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Retirement!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

I bet once you've been home for a couple of days, you wouldn't have it any other way.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home