Sunday, August 12, 2007

Milestones

This weekend has marked a couple of milestones for me in this pregnancy. The yucky one is that today marks one month that I've been in the hospital. I can't believe that. Hopefully the end is near.

The other milestone, which I hit yesterday is 37 weeks of gestation which officially means I am full term. The baby can really come at any point now. I'd be OK with that. He's still on the small side, but we've got no reason to believe there will be any long-term health effects because of that.

I got a tour of the NICU the other day and I got to ask what kind of things need to be done for small babies. The main concern is that he won't have enough fat to maintain his body tempertature (I can identify with that!) so if anything, he'll likely need to be kept in a warmer. At this point his lungs and other organs should all be fully developed so he shouldn't need any extra help there.

I got out today and went to church and will be heading back to the hospital soon. If he doesn't come on his own this week, I'll be induced next week.

The end is near! Of course, that's really just the beginning...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you out a little longer today?

Everything sounds good with Jr.

I was also thinking about your hospital stay being closer to finished, but things really just beginning when he's born!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Sue - I feel so bad for you. All that time in the hospital. But I guess if it means that Jr. will be healthy and well, it's worth it of course. But still very hard for you, Nick and Darcy.
Now that the end is so close, I'm really excited for you guys (ok, and me too!). Keep thinking positive thoughts and the next week will fly by.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there couz. I found with Matthew that as soon as he realized his scheduled section was coming he decided that he wasn't going to make anyone force him to come so he popped the water himself...lol..boys are funny like that.

I am glad that things are sounding good/better. Hang in there babe we are all praying for you, Jr. (as he is being referred to - could he possibly carry on the Robbins family name Raymond....hmmmm) and family.

Pictures of Darcy on Nicks blog are soooooo cute.

Lots of Love
Janice

5:41 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Great to hear from you and catch up, Sue. You must be sooooo excited now! If you read this before heading back to the hospital, let me just pass on my wishes for a speedy, no-complications birth. Hope all goes well - I can't wait to hear all about it! Take care!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home