Saturday, August 04, 2007

Another Escape Day

So, they've let me out for a few hours again. They fly by all too quickly. As much as I miss internet access while I'm in the hospital, I don't want to waste all my time at home sitting at the computer.

Another week has passed and my fluid level is now 10. That is the bottom of the "normal" range. To me that indicates that it's time to come home. To my doctor it seems to indicate that being in the hospital is working. She's been out of town for a week, so we'll see if she has a change of heart when she gets back. I'm not holding my breath.

I got rid of my super-insaneo roommate and have had a couple of short-term replacements who've been very nice. One even had a son who was born on the same day as Darcy. Cool. The third bed is occupied by a very sweet woman named Helena. She's a Mennonite woman who doesn't speak English very well and sometimes has trouble communicating with the doctors and nurses. Her water broke in week 19 of her pregnancy. She's now in week 24. They're probably going to move her to London or Toronto this week so she can get better care if the baby comes early. Her husband didn't even seem to have much of an idea how far it is from here to Toronto, so I don't think they're the type who do road trips very often. It will be very stressful for her if she has to make that switch.

I am officially at week 36 today. Junior should be born in two more weeks! Thanks again for all your kindness, prayers and good thoughts. We appreciate it all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

More insane roomies? Hope the insanity isn't catching ... Good to hear that you and Baby #2 are doing well.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

I'm back from vacation and am catching up on emails, blogs, facebook, etc. Good to hear you're "stable" and the doctors seem happy. Hang in there Sue!

3:46 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

i know you're sacrificing your freedom, Sue. . but 'junior' i'm sure is very thankful and happy. . every day in the mommy hotel is a good day for baby!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home