Sunday, July 22, 2007

Short Post

I'm home from the hospital on a 4-hour pass. This won't be a long post because I don't want to waste a lot of time on the computer, I'm just going to be here until Darcy finishes her nap.

I just quickly want to say thanks to everyone for their words of support and encouragement. It's really meant a lot to us. It does look like I'm going to be in the hospital until the baby is born. They're hoping to hold me off until week 38 and I am currently 34 weeks, so I've got a while to go. I've had some crazy roommates, interesting characters creating a rucus down the hall and trouble getting the food I've ordered. Yet those seem to be the things that are keeping me sane.

I never knew resting could be so hard! It's so tempting to get up and take a stroll through the hospital, but I'm not allowed to go further than the bathroom. Anywhere else I have to go in a wheelchair. I'm even getting a little bored of reading! I never thought I'd say that. I've just got to do whatever it takes to have a healthy baby at the end of it all. I miss being at home with my family, but at least they get to come visit me once a day, if not more.

Darcy should be up soon. I'm going to go. Hopefully I'll be talking to you soon.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got at least that much time at home. I'm sure it went too fast for you!

I can't imagine that long in the hospital, but as you said, it's best for the baby.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are doing what you need to do as a mother...you are doing great!! Keep up the good work on making a healthy baby!! We are still praying!

11:02 PM  
Blogger The Sabourin Family said...

Praying for you & baby.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for you guys.

Jim & Cathy Mclaren

7:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Do you do any meditation or creative visualization? I wonder if visualizing the baby getting all the nourishment it needs, etc. would be helpful? Sounds kinda hokey, I know, but meditation has helped me a lot particularly when I've been under stress.

8:45 AM  
Blogger kathryn said...

glad they're letting you out on passes, Sue! So sorry that you have to stay there. . blah. . I'll keep you in my prayers. Aaannnd. . .how fantastic that this baby is a boy!!!!!!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I hadn't checked in for a long while and I read this. I am praying for you, and Nick and Darcy. I hope this time does pass supernaturally quickly...the last couple of weeks are the longest anyway, then they put you on bestrest...boo to that!

Praying for a safe arrival.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home