Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What I Learned Today

Here's what I learned today: Darcy can apparently eat her weight in pancakes.

We went out to an Ontario Early Years Centre this morning and on the way home she asked for pancakes for lunch. No problem. I made her "silver dollar" sized pancakes and she ate 11 of them! I couldn't believe it. I made 6 in the first batch, not expecting her to finish them. By the time I got my own made and sat down to eat, she had already eaten 4. I made 5 in the second batch, thinking there was no way she'd finish those. She slowed down for numbers 4 and 5 but they all went down too. If I hadn't brought out her sliced apple, I think she would have asked for more!

I guess she played hard at the Early Years Centre!

3 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

My pancake recipe is out of the "Five Roses" cookbook. Kolina and Dylan will eat an entire batch on their own!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

That's the same recipe I use! They're so fluffy.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

The best! I make the banana ones too sometimes. Have you tried them?

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home