Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Big Sister

Darcy loves being a big sister! So far there hasn't been too much jealousy. In fact our main concern is that she loves him a little too much. She's always wanting to pick him up or cuddle him (which is a little rough for his liking). She likes to rip the arms and legs off her dolls and I'm afraid she's going to try to do that to him!

The closest thing we've seen to any sort of jealousy has been when she asked me, "Are you still my mommy?" She's asked that a couple of times, but seems to be assured now that nothing will ever change the fact that I'm her mommy, she's stuck with me.

Stef mentioned this on her blog, but I wanted to mention it here too. Yesterday when we were outside in the backyard playing, Darcy said (out of the blue), "I live in a home filled with joy." I asked her who told her that and she said, "No one. Just me." Good to know we're doing our job, kid!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to hear she's handling it well. Makes it easier for you guys!

The "Are you still my Mommy" question might have more confusion then jealousy.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home