Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Still Growing

Wesley had his first appointment with the pediatrician yesterday and everything went really well. He has gained another couple of ounces and seems to be on a steady growth rate which pleased the doctor. He does have thrush, which is a real pain but we've got medication now to treat that so hopefully it will be short-lived.

We had a few more rough nights without much sleep, but the last couple of nights have been better.

Darcy is continuing to do well, but I've noticed that she's been really Mommy-focused in the last couple of days. She's been pretty clingy with me, which isn't really surprising. She always wants me around. It's a time of adjustment for all of us.

We're having a great visit with Auntie Stef. We're planning a trip to the "tea party restaurant" on Friday morning which should be lots of fun! I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

Glad to hear Wesley's doing so well. Kolina had thrush when she was tiny and yeah, it WAS pain. At the time, I was told to wash her mouth out with a Q-tip dipped in sage tea, and as she also had it in her diaper area, to put on a tincture of blue gentian. The stuff was bright bright purple and stained EVERYTHING. However, in the end, I got medication for it and got it cleared up. I'm not a big fan of homeopathic remedies!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have to deal with this Sue.

Why--I had to use 'gentian violet' (as they called it here) for my daughter too. Definately messy, as you said! I had to coat her mouth with it, and it ended up all over her face. People were wondering what we were feeding this tiny baby!

I never did see the thrush. I think it was more 'poor latch' diagnosed as thrush. It was a lactation consultant who suggested it.

Hope you're better soon, Sue & Wesley!!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home