Monday, September 24, 2007

Rough Night

Sometimes I have horrifying dreams that are so realistic I have trouble telling the dream from reality when I wake up. Being a little sleep deprived right now and waking several times in the night isn't helping matters much.

Last night I had a horrible dream. I dreamt that our family was walking in the park we usually walk in most evenings after supper. It's a beautiful little park right on the Detroit River. Darcy loves going there. In my dream she got too close to the water and ended up jumping right in. We saw her go down into the water and she never came back up. I started freaking out and was screaming at Nick to do something, but he just stood there. He wouldn't go in and get her.

That's when I woke up. Then it was time for me to feed Wesley, before I could properly get my head around the dream. The whole time I was feeding him my mind kept replaying the scene where I watched her sink under the water. I was freaked out. By the time I was done feeding Wesley I was a mess. I knew Darcy was OK. I could hear her moving in her room next door. Something about the dream just really messed with my mind in the middle of the night.

Why can't I dream about being rich like normal people?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Suey,

We must not be normal. I never had a dream about being rich. I just have dreams about unloading boxes.


Brian

8:13 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I once dreamt that I killed and hacked up the family dog (Mister) and my sister (Krista) and then buried them in the backyard to try to cover it up.

Not pleasant at all.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have dreamt at one time or another of each of my brothers dying. That always messed me up for days.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home