Friday, October 05, 2007

Dilemma

First of all, hooray for Wesley! Last night was the first night we were only up once during the night. I could get used to that...

Now that Wesley is 6 weeks old I had my follow up appointment with my doctor this week. She said I'm fully recovered and that I can now get back to my regular exercise program.

Here's the question... What's my regular exercise program? Do I want to start running again? I never really enjoyed it but I did enjoy the feeling of accomplishment I got as I met my running goals. What about power walking? Will that be more enjoyable?

The other night while we were out shopping I saw an exercise ball with a DVD for exercises you do at home. With two young kids and winter approaching I can definitely see the advantages of being able to exercise at home. This said it was good for toning ab muscles which is a priority after giving birth, that's for sure.

Should it be some sort of nice combination of them all? I really don't know. Any thoughts?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The exercise ball will help to build your core strength for sure, but won't do much in the way of cardio. For that you need to find something you like, if it's power walking, so be it. If you don't like doing it, it's hard to be motivated to do it on a good day, never mind when things aren't going well.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found looking after two kids to be enough exercise! But then I'm lazy when it come to actual 'exercise'.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we bought a treadmill so I can run inside. I didn't like being out by myself and I was not hiring a sitter so Rob could run with me. Now I can run while I watch tv and the kids are usually still sleeping.
Good luck!

3:42 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

Sue! wow. . your little guy is already 6 weeks?! woooh! As for exercise, whatever you do. . make sure you love it. Life's too short to do things just for the sake of doing them.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

I got into Pilates (Yoga without the weird spiritual stuff) and then when I felt fitter I went to cardio / fitness classes aas well at the gym. It was fun but mainly when I went with someone so find a gym buddy, drop the kids off at the gym daycare and have a blast pretending you're coordinated! I think the main trick is making it an enjoyable habit.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home