Friday, September 28, 2007

That's Good Sistering

Darcy and I have read "Love You Forever" several times over the last few days. She's also listened to Robert Munsch reading it as well. She always lets me read the text, then she joins in when it's time to start singing the little "Love You Forever" song.

Tonight, Wesley was crying in his little rocking chair. Darcy rushed right over to him and gently rocked him. While she rocked him she sang,

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My brother you'll be."

Just picture me sitting on the couch bawling.

It's a parallel of a similar incident that happened in my family. On the day of my brother's dediction (Christening) there was a big family lunch at my Nanny's house after the service. Brian was in some sort of cradle, crying, while the rest of us were eating lunch. Apparently he was quite upset. When my mom went to comfort him she found my sister already there singing to him. It's been quite legendary in our family. Now it has hit the next generation.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't even read that book when we get it from the library. Even Laura knows it's a Daddy only book!

I don't really remember the dedication event, just the re-telling, and there might be a picture/slide of it somewhere. I guess I was only 4. Apparently I was one of the first ones finished lunch. First and last time of my life. I'm always last now!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the apple doesn't fall far from the tree then Darcy will be a great sister.




Brian aka the baby in the cradle.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Way to make me all weepy on a Monday morning.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home