Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wow!

I've already written this post once and it disappeared. It's never as good the second time around....

We had a great weekend here. My cousin, Glenn, came to stay with us before running the Detroit Marathon this morning, which was, I believe, his fourth marathon. He had an amazing run this morning and blew his previous best time out of the water. You can read more about that here.

Also over the weekend I was looking for a recipe for caramel dipping sauce for apples. I put out a request on Facebook and got several responses. I decided to try the first one I got which came from my friend, Neesha. She knows a good thing when she sees it so I decided to try her suggestion. I chose wisely.

I made my first attempt on Friday night and it was a pathetic failure. I left the sugar on the heat a split second too long and it burned. Badly. It was awful. I tried it again tonight, did a couple of things differently and all I can say is, "Holy crap!" This stuff is amazing. I could eat it with a spoon. It's creamy, buttery, everything you're looking for in a caramel sauce. Amazing.

On a completely different note, Wesley is 2 months old today. That means he needs to go to the doctor for some shots tomorrow. Not fun. I am interested to see how much he weighs now and whether or not the thrush has come back. I'll have a full doctor's appointment update tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mmm ... caramel sauce ...

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home