Thursday, November 15, 2007

Like An Orange on a Toothpick

We've accepted the fact that our kids are small. They're likely to always be small. That's OK.

That's why I was so surprised by what we discovered last night. Over the past few weeks I've noticed that Darcy's winter hats don't fit her anymore. We couldn't get them to stay on her head. I've been looking for a new hat for her, but I haven't been able to get one to fit her. You see, I've been looking at hats that are sized 2-3, the same as her clothes size.

Nick took her to the park yesterday afternoon and gave her one of my old hats to wear. It fit!!! We were out shopping again last night and again we tried on hats. None of the 2-3 hats fit her. We went to the "big girls" section and tried on a hat there. It was size 7-14 (a pretty big span) and it fit her like a charm. Apparently our daughter has an enormous head!

She doesn't look disproportionate, but she can wear size 2-3 clothes, but a size 7-14 hat. That hat should fit a 10 year old!

Of course this realization brought me back to the funniest scene in "So I Married an Axe Murderer". I can't stop laughing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think hat sizes are off. Or we have 'big head' kids too!

I had a hand-me-down hat that Lucas wore last year. Said size 2-3X. It was really tight this year, and he's still wearing 18 months in pants, and just starting to fit size 2 in shirts.

On the other end of the scale though, I bought Laura a hat at Dollarama, didn't say a size, fit alright in the store. The first day she wore it to school, it kept falling in her eyes! We have to fold up the brim again. It's a cute hat though!

Fits me, but I look like a goof in it!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home