Monday, October 29, 2007

Not Funny

When Darcy was a baby, I'd talk to my friends who had baby boys and listen to them complain about how hard it was to find boys clothes. They'd rant about the endless shelves of pretty dresses while they were struggling to find outfits for their sons. I laughed because I loved those rows and rows of beautiful dresses.

I'm not laughing now.

It is so hard to find nice clothes for a baby boy, especially a newborn (and a small one at that!). Once he starts wearing 6 months-sized clothes it should be easier, but right now it's a nightmare. I wanted to get him something cute to wear for our family Christmas portrait and it was no easy task. H & M finally came to my rescue this afternoon with a cute little sweater vest and button-down shirt. He'll look very handsome when portrait time comes next week.

In the meantime a big boo-urns to the clothing retailers. Boys need clothes too!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a Children's Place near you? I find they have good boys stuff.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Sue-Ann said...

Yes, with two boys, you can always find a nice dress shirt and a vest or something,but they basically just change "design." With girls you have scads of different dresses to pick from. It can be a little frustrating. But I agree with Melissa, I get a lot of the boys stuff from Children's Place.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I have noticed this problem too. I've been hunting for Christmas presents and not coming up with anything suitable.

Thanks, Melissa for the Children's Place tip. I will have a look there.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember having that trouble with Lucas.

We didn't have to dress him up much at Wesley's age, it was a hot summer, and he went with minimal clothing. I think he was in 6 months (still fitting big though!) by that year's Christmas picture. We didn't bother dressing him up for church at that age.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home