Thursday, November 29, 2007

They Got Me!

Nick and I didn't have cable for a long time. Living in Windsor we got lots of free channels from Detroit so we just went with that. Last year when he was away training for his new job our reception really started to deteriorate so I decided to finally take the plunge and get cable. I looked at the options and figured basic cable would be enough to keep me entertained.

When the guy came to hook up the cable he told me he didn't have the right connector so even though I had only ordered basic cable, I would be given the full package for the price of basic. He didn't know how long it would be before they came back to change the connector.

I was pretty sure they were just trying to sucker me. Get me used to watching all the channels and then eventually get me to cave in and say I wanted to start paying for them. I always said I'd cancel the full package when the time came.

The time came this past Monday. Someone knocked on our door and told me they were going to cancel the extra channels unless I wanted to start paying $15 a month for them. I immediately told him to cancel. Then I went downstairs and had non-buyers remorse. I suddenly didn't want to be without TLC, Food Network, HGTV and all those other channels. So I ran back outside and told the guy I wanted to keep them.

At least I got them free for more than a year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know the feeling. I keep telling myself I will go back to non-cable television to save a few bucks. But really, who am I kidding? I would never last either!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home