Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Consumer Warning

If you come to my house this Christmas season, you may not want to eat the peanut butter cookies.

Darcy and I started our Christmas baking the other night. She loves to help with baking so I figured peanut butter cookies would be a good place for us to start. Her main job is stirring. I give her a wooden spoon and get her to "help" when I add a new ingredient. My big problem is keeping her from eating all the batter. She's constantly putting her spoon in her mouth and then wanting to put it back in the bowl. I managed to keep her from doing that but I had to wash her spoon a few times. Once when I was washing her spoon she picked up a measuring spoon and filled it with batter. The kid is quick but we got through it without contaminating the cookies.

Once the batter was done we moved on to shaping the cookies. To keep things clean I figured I would roll them into balls and have Darcy shape them with the fork. She loved that job and things went pretty smoothly. I was starting to get confident that we'd get through the night with a usable batch of cookies when I looked over at Darcy. Ah-ah-ah-chooooo! All over the trays of cookies waiting to go in oven! Twice. I managed to catch the second sneeze with my arm but the damage was done. We're still eating the cookies, but I'm not serving them to anyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Look at that - a new reason for my book! Thanks!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids are great for baking/cooking, aren't they?!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

I have to admit I would actually eat those cookies. They were baked in a hot oven, after all.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home