Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Meaning is Lost

Still no sick kids here. Is it possible we've missed it? I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. Anyone know the incubation period of the flu?

We let Darcy stay up the other night to watch "The Grinch" (the cartoon not the whacky Jim Carrey version). It's been one of my favourites since I was a kid. We asked her questions throughout to see if she was getting the storyline or not and she really seemed to be understanding what the story was all about.

Then a commercial came on during the movie for a video game for kids her age that has a bike for the kid to ride on to play the game. She took one look and said, "Do you want to buy that bike for me? I don't have an inside bike."

Maybe she didn't quite get it after all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the show remind her of an Uncle??




Brian

11:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is one clever monkey!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Such a thoughtful child, giving you ideas what you could buy her.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home