Monday, December 03, 2007

Update

So far, the kids still aren't sick. I hope it stays that way.

I called the city this morning and talked to the woman responsible for the community programs. I asked her if there was a policy in place about sick children and there doesn't seem to be one. I explained Saturday's situation to her and she was pretty shocked that things would happen that way. She said it had never come up before, probably because most parents wouldn't send a sick child back into the class, most parents' instincts would be to get the sick child home. "Oh, you just threw up? Why don't you go and run around some more?" That's not really how most people think.

She said she would talk to the supervisors at all the centres to make sure all the teachers are informed that sick children should not be participating in their programs. She also let me know that there is a supervisor on duty at all times and if I have any concerns in the future that I should talk to the supervisor at the centre. I didn't realize that, so I'm glad to know I have that option in the future. The mom in question really isn't an approachable person and she just wouldn't get why I'm concerned. I know her response would be for me to take Darcy out of the program instead of her taking her kid home.

So I feel much better after that conversation and will handle things differently next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is good news. Must feel good too to know that you CAN do something about this should it happen again.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

That lady better watch out next time!

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home