Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Post of 2007

Nick has done 2 posts on his blog since I did my last one. That means I'm clearly overdue for an update.

We had a wonderful Christmas. Thanks to Nick's last-minute shift-change we were able to spend Christmas in Cambridge which was great. It was great to be able to see so many family members and friends over the few days we were there.

We celebrated Nick's birthday with my family. The only problem was that I had forgotten to bring part of Nick's birthday present with me. I won't hear the end of that one for a long, long time.

Christmas day was great. Darcy was really thrilled with the gifts she got. The best thing seemed to be the electric train that I picked up at Dollarama. She loves that thing! I really can't believe it. We saved her big present in Windsor so she got another surprise when we got home and saw her easel sitting under the tree.

We came home on Boxing Day and my Mom and Dad came with us for a couple of days. We did another turkey dinner, just for fun.

Wesley is continuing to do great. He's starting to recognize his toys and he's even able to interact with them a little bit. He's picking things up now (and putting them directly in his mouth) and he's batting at toys on the floor. It's pretty cute to watch. He's also quite a flirt and always seems to have a ready smile and giggle for the ladies.

There's not much on the go here for New Year's Eve. Nick works until 11:59, so the kids and I will be spending a quiet evening at home. I don't think I'll keep them up until midnight. I'm not a big fan of New Year's Eve anyway. I haven't decided yet if I'll stay up to watch the old ball drop or if I'll just go to bed myself.

I hope you've all had a great 2007 and I wish you all the best for 2008!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Yvette said...

Happy New Year to you too, Sue!

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home