Monday, January 21, 2008

Great Weekend

We had Wesley dedicated yesterday (our church's version of a Christening) so we had lots of family around all weekend to help us celebrate.

Grandmaman and Papa Titcombe were the first to arrive on Friday, followed by Stef and Marc. We exchanged Christmas presents with them on Friday night after a tasty supper at Applebees. Saturday was spent with various errands, hair appointments, that sort of fun stuff until my family arrived at supper time. We had a buffet-style supper with some yummy desserts. It was a bit crowded in our house but it was great to have everyone together.

The service was on Sunday morning, followed by another tasty meal. We did a lot of eating! The caterers were excellent, I thought. Nick and I will be dealing with a lot of leftovers for the next few days and I'll be hearing from him about ordering the world's largest cake for a long, long time!

It was great to have everyone here and we hope those of you who were here enjoyed the weekend as much as we did. Darcy is pretty beat today after all the excitement!

I did some shopping this morning to use my Christmas gift certificates. I had a very rare experience at the mall today. You know how there are times when you have money to spend and you can't find anything good and then there are times when you don't have money to spend and you find everything good. Very rarely there are times when you have money to spend and you find lots of good things. That is what happened to me this morning. I don't think it has happened like that since I was 18! Anyway, I got five sweaters, one camisole and a pair of pants and added less than $30 of my own money. I got a nice pair of pants at Mark's Work Wearhouse for $15 and I pretty much had to pay the taxes on my gift certificate purchases at RW & Co and The Bay. Very cool.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely a great weekend and great food at both meals!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home