Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Poor Wesley

Wesley is experiencing his first cold and I don't think he's a big fan. Since Friday he's had a runny nose and a little cough (well enough of a cough to make him throw up if he coughs right after eating). He doesn't like getting his nose wiped but he likes it even less if I try to suctiob it out with a little bulb syringe. However as he also doesn't like it when he's all stuffed up I've got to try either of those things constantly throughout the day.

The funny part about it is that he seems to have developed laryngitis. I don't want to sound mean but it's actually kind of funny. When he tries to babble or cry, nothing comes out. He looks totally confused. He's just got this squeaky little voice.

I think he's doing a bit better today. For the past two days he has barely eaten anything at all but today he's eating well. I hope that's a sign of good things to come, especially with everyone coming this weekend for his dedication. Now should I be concerned about this sore throat I've got?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Start taking zinc tablets and also Cold FX (www.cold-fx.ca) capsules. Expensive but worth it.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Sue Matthews said...

I can't take Cold FX while I'm nursing but I've got a homeopathic thing that I'm taking. I hope it helps. I started feeling the sore throat yesterday but I haven't had any coughing or a runny nose yet, so I hope it's working. Maybe it's a placebo but I'm ready to try it anyway.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take vitamin C everyday too...more if I am not feeling well. Can you take that while you are nursing?

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home