Monday, February 18, 2008

Odds and Ends

We had a really rough weekend, sleep-wise. Wesley barely slept all night and didn't sleep at all during the day. We had two consecutive nights where Nick and I barely slept at all. We've been zombies all weekend. Last night was much better, so hopefully we've turned a corner.

For something different on Friday night we decided to take Darcy swimming in a public pool that has a great kiddie pool. She loved it, and so did we. Wesley wore a little swimmer diaper and came in with us too. We got out half an hour before closing time to try to beat the rush in the change rooms. Just as we were finishing up, the family change room was suddenly filled with people. Apparently someone had pooped in the kiddie pool so they had to close early. Good thing we got out when we did!

However, once the change room was filled with people it was hard to keep an eye on Darcy. She was standing right between Nick and I when suddenly I noticed she was gone. My heart stopped. "Where's Darcy?" Nick started frantically looking around the change room, calling her name. A father across from us stopped what he was doing and started looking too. I looked down again and there she was. She had been playing hide and seek in the locker! She heard us calling her name so she came out. We explained to her that hide and seek only works if everyone knows they're playing.

At one point over the weekend Darcy was eating apple slices and asked me if I wanted to share with her. She was on her last slice so I said I didn't want to take her whole last slice but if she wanted to break it in half, I'd share it with her. She tried breaking it but couldn't get it to snap. She asked what to do so I told her to take a bite and give me the rest. She took a bite then took the chunk out of her mouth and offered that me. I declined and took the piece left in her hand.

Today is Ontario's new pseudo-holdiay, Family Day. It's a bit of a joke because 40% of people are still working. Nick is one of those people. Not only is he working but he's been sent for training so he's at a different location. If he was at work he could have taken the bus or ridden his bike but at this new location he had to take the car so the kids and I are stuck at home all day. Fun family day for us!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

On the bright side, I guess Darcy is learning how to play hide-n-seek a little better. No more "hiding" in the middle of floor with a blanket over her ... that got me every time!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home