Thursday, March 12, 2009

Success!

Last night was one of the Wednesday nights when I had to be at Kids' Club at church and Nick was working until 6:00. That means there's a 45 minute window where we need someone to watch Wesley. As you know, this has not been going well. Finally, last night, it seems we had a bit of a breakthrough.

I'll admit I was less than optimistic when I left for Kids' Club last night. Wesley did his usual scream-fest when Willow arrived. Again, I need to say that this is the sweetest lady imaginable. When she babysat Darcy, Darcy didn't want me to come home. There's no explaining Wesley's reaction. He just knows when he sees her that Mommy and Darcy are about to hit the road.

As I was getting ready, he was clinging to me. I could barely move. He was wailing as we walked out the door.

When I got home and asked Nick how Wesley's night had gone, his response was, "Perfect.". Perfectly awful? No. Absolutely perfect. He had cried for a couple of minutes after we left and then he calmed down. And played. When Nick got home both Wesley and Willow had smiles on their faces.

We are so encouraged by this. I'm sure the separation anxiety isn't a thing of the past but maybe, just maybe, it's becoming more manageable.

Now if we could just get him to swallow his food instead of just hoarding it in his mouth like a chipmunk!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good for Wesley! And good for you guys too.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home