Monday, January 19, 2009

Very Frustrated

I had an appointment with Wesley's pediatrician this afternoon at 2:30 to follow up about the hearing assessment we had last week. When I got there, 3 other families were waiting in the hallway because the door was locked. One called on her cell phone and found out that the office was open but some kid had apparently locked the door. The waiting room which is usually pretty empty at that time of day was already full.

As we waited I could tell something was wrong. The doctor was on the phone a lot and not really seeing a lot of patients. At one point he was clearly angry and was speaking quite loudly on the phone so we could all hear what he was saying. Apparently someone else had taken his prescription pad and had written some prescriptions. He was going back back and forth with the police and a few others trying to track down the person. This was taking a lot of his time.

After waiting over an hour and 20 minutes I had to leave. The receptionist told me I was next but I couldn't wait any longer or else I'd miss Darcy's school bus. She brought the doctor to the window and he told me that Wesley is going to be referred to an ear, nose and throat doctor. He brought me into the exam room quickly and looked in Wesley's ears. Sure enough, they're infected again. I told him I couldn't wait to get a prescription then so he told me he'd arrange it with the pharmacist and have it delivered to my house this evening. When I called the pharmacist to arrange payment for the prescription, he didn't have a prescription for Wesley and the doctor was conveniently gone for the day by that time.

I'm pretty frustrated with the whole experience. I understand that the prescription pad theft is an important issue for the doctor to get sorted out, but that waiting room full of babies is pretty important too. I wasn't the only person who left without being seen.

I was supposed to be doing my groceries for the week at that time but I figured Wesley's doctor's appointment was more important. I also needed to get my glasses fixed on the way home but that didn't happen either.

I left a message at the doctor's office after getting off the phone with the pharmacist so hopefully this will all be cleared up early tomorrow morning. I feel better after venting about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Vent as much as needed. That's the only prescription I can offer. Seems you're on the right track with the chocolate therapy ;)

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home