Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We're Back!

We got back on Saturday night but it's taken me a few days to get around to writing this post. There's a few reasons for that. The first is that I haven't been feeling all that great since we got back. I've still been feeling like I'm on a boat and it's been making me more nauseous than I ever got on the ship! It's been a lot better today so I'm hoping that's the end of it. Another reason is that there's just so much to say that I don't know where to begin! I'm going to start writing and if it gets to be too long I'll probably break it down into several posts.

Let me start by saying we had an absolutely wonderful time. If you haven't already seen them, there are pictures on facebook and on flickr. All of our travelling was as smooth as silk, meeting up with the Princess reps in Fort Lauderdale was really easy and getting on the boat was a breeze. We didn't get to talk to the kids before we got on the ship because they were out on the town with their grandparents and Auntie Stef. We later found out that they did great without us so that helped us relax and enjoy the trip more.

I struck up a conversation with a couple that was on the elevator with us on our way up to the lunch buffet on Saturday as soon as we got on the ship. I thought they had been on the bus with us from the airport so I asked them where they had flown in from this morning. They said that they had come in from Detroit, but that they actually lived in Canada. We said, "Us too." Then we asked them where they lived and they said, "Windsor, Ontario." We couldn't believe it. The first people we meet on the ship and they're from Windsor. Crazy.

One thing we were disappointed with was our dining room experience. We had asked for a table of 6 but were put at a table of 4 and the other two people at the table were two women in their late 60's and early 70's. They were very nice women but just not our first choice of dinner companions. Also, our waiter wasn't all that great. Aside from that, everything else on the ship was wonderful. We were especially impressed with Zoltan, our room steward. He was responsible for our section of hallway and he was amazing! He seemed to be always right outside our door ready to help us however we needed it. He went in our room twice a day to clean up , even folding up my robe one time when I left it lying on the bed.

All of the food was amazing and there was just so much of it. You could eat all day long if you wanted. Restaurants, buffets, cafes, you name it. Food everywhere you turned around. There were several comedians on the ship and they all joked about how small the rooms were and how much food there was to eat.

When we were at sea, my favourite thing to do was sit on a lounge chair in the sun, reading my book. I loved it. Then I'd spend some time in the hot tub and then back to my deck chair. Wonderful. I went in the big pool once to cool off after being in the hot tub, but I thought it was shallow and I when I went in over the side I thought my feet would touch bottom but they didn't. I went right under. I wasn't prepared for it and was wearing my contacts. I went right under with my eyes open which totally freaked me out. I managed to struggle my way back up and also managed not to lose my contacts (which was good because I'd only brought one pair and no prescription sunglasses). However, that was the end of the pool for me!

I think I'll leave it at that for now and write more about the shore excursions tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home