Thursday, January 08, 2009

Home!

Our Christmas/New Year travelling is all done and we are back at home. We've had a great time but I am glad to be home and be pretty much back into our routine. Darcy will be going to school this afternoon and everything should be getting back to normal. The house is a mess so I've got a lot of work ahead of me, figuring out what to do with all this new Christmas stuff.

We decided to fly to Montreal this year and that was definitely the right choice to make. It was just so much easier than trying to drive that distance in the winter with two little monkeys. Nick is currently in Ottawa for training (for three weeks) and so I had to get home with the kids on my own. I definitely did not want to drive that distance on my own, so flying it was.

We had a belated Christmas in Montreal with the family there. There was, of course, a delicious meal, lots of presents and our annual Pit game. Fun times. We also went toboganning on Mount Royal and to a Robert Munsch exhibit at a museum there. Very cool.

There was a big snowstorm brewing in Montreal yesterday, just as we were preparing to fly home. I was a little nervous about that but we managed to get out just before the worst of the storm hit. We were a bit delayed leaving (an hour on the tarmac) but finally managed to get in the air. Wesley was pretty cranky by that time but finally fell asleep in my arms as we were taking off. Darcy loves flying. She got her own rolling suitcase for Christmas and was thrilled to be able to pull it through the airport with her. It was pretty funny.

Our flight between Toronto and Windsor was on a very small, very full plane and Darcy was a pretty big hit with the people around us. She had asked if I would make pancakes for supper when we got home. I told her I would and that as a reward for her being so good all day while we were flying I would put M & M's in them. Well then she leaned across the aisle and told the people over there, "I'm going to have pancakes with M & M's for supper." The people for a few rows around us all laughed and one guy asked if he could come over. She said, "Sure, everyone come over and my Mom will make you pancakes too." More laughter. Then she said, "And my address is..." and proceeded to shout it out for the whole plane to hear. She was a little disappointed when she found out that we were only joking and that none of these strangers would actually be coming to our house for pancakes! And all of this took place after she marched up with centre aisle of the plane shouting "I have to go pee!"

All of our luggage arrived without any problem which didn't seem to be the case for a lot of people on our flight. There was a story on CTV last night about how much luggage Air Canada is losing right now so I was extra glad to be home with all of our things.

So that's about it for now. I've got some pictures up on facebook and I'll have them up on Flickr later today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like good times. I'm happy the travelling went well for you.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Funny plane story!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home