Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Round Up

We're still alive, I just haven't had much of an opportunity to write anything. As soon as I sit down at the computer, Wesley climbs up on the desk and starts pushing buttons. I'm trying to write a quick post now while he's distracted with toys.

We had a great Christmas (with more still to come!). We went to Cambridge to spend a few days with my family up there. We arrived in time for supper on the 23rd and had a great visit. We celebrated Nick's birthday before Christmas Eve church with a great supper of our favourite Chinese food and Nick's favourite apple pie. After church we went to my sister's house before returning to Mom and Dad's to prepare for Santa's visit.

On Christmas morning the kids opened their Santa presents in the morning before we went to my Aunt Joan's house for lunch. We had a great time there with all the Robbins clan (I think there were about 35 of us this year!) and then went back to Mom and Dad's to open family presents. We relaxed at home for a bit and then went to my cousin Judith's house to celebrate with the Haskell side of the family.

Nick had to be at work before 7 on Boxing Day morning so he returned to Windsor on Christmas Day but the kids and I stuck around Cambridge for some more family gatherings.

Friday was our annual games night with some of my Mom's family. That's always a crazy, fun night lasting well into the morning. This year was no exception. I thought the presence of so many kids might end the evening earlier this year but that certainly wasn't the case. There was a large 6 and under crowd but they only served to make the evening more enjoyable. Most of them stayed up with us until past 2:00 in the morning (which I paid for dearly with Darcy's crankiness the next day, not sure about the rest of you!). We had some good laughs which haven't seemed quite so funny when I've tried to explain them to Nick after the fact so I guess you had to be there.

Saturday was pretty laid back and we spent the evening at my sister's house in Brantford again checking out some of their new Christmas toys.

On Sunday we had dinner with my family after church and then drove back to Windsor along with my brother. Nick had driven Brian's car back to Windsor so Brian drove back with us and stayed for a couple of days, even allowing Nick and I a date night, using a movie gift certificate we received last Christmas and hadn't had a chance to use yet. We saw, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" which we both enjoyed a lot.

Nick is now working today and tomorrow and then we're off to Montreal on Friday. Nick has three weeks of training in Ottawa which begin on Monday so we're timing our Montreal visit to work with that this year. Nick will leave for Ottawa on the train on Monday evening and the kids and I will stick around in Montreal for a few extra days before flying home next Wednesday.

So, that's it, our Christmas so far in a nutshell. Pictures are up on flickr and facebook as usual.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to be able to have so much time together this time around.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home